High School HUMANITIES Long-Term Substitute
Looking for a different kind of teaching experience? The New School in Kennebunk is an innovative, democratic high-school. We are looking for a compassionate, dynamic, and motivated individual for a long-term substitute teaching position in the Humanities. Teachers at The New School trust and support the capacity of young people to be responsible for their own learning. The successful candidate will be passionate about learning and enjoy collaborating with both students and teachers to design student-centered curricula.
Interested in joining our team? We need someone who can start March 1 and teach with us until June 13. Currently, The New School is meeting for in-person instruction 4 days a week with Wednesdays designated for remote learning. Please submit an application, resume, letter of interest, credentials, and three references. Applications must be submitted by February 21, 2021. Salary range $10,000 – $12,000. Interviews will be conducted the week of February 21 in the evenings via Zoom.
Job qualifications and responsibilities include:
- Hold a State of Maine Secondary Teaching Certificate (or actively engaged in working towards the certificate) Endorsement in Social Studies/History or English Language Arts
- Design curriculum and assessments with student and faculty input
- Be able to offer students an integrated, hands-on, minds-on curriculum
- Be actively involved in each student’s learning on an individual basis
- Help students to develop a sense of responsibility for their own learning
- Collaborate with the teaching team to coordinate day-to-day logistics and create an inclusive, safe learning environment
Please visit our website at thenewschoolmaine.org to learn more about our school.
Please address all inquiries and correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.