The workshop will run for 8 weeks (7 weeks remaining if you start January 11) for one hour each week, including weekly emails with practice reminders, journal prompts, and any additional information to complement that week’s lesson.
The final 7-weeks will include:
– definition of mindfulness
– getting started with a practice
– science of mindfulness
– multiple practice opportunities including movement, breath work, eating, journaling, visualization, compassion, and deep relaxation.
– how to fit mindfulness in to a person’s busy day
At the end of the course, you will:
– gain a deeper understanding of your own patterns of stress and options for wellbeing
– develop a mindfulness practice that you can confidently maintain on your own
– know multiple mindfulness practices that resonate with you
– understand how to integrate these skills into your life
About Jodi Castallo
Mindfulness and Health Coach, You² Body and Mind/Maine Medical Partners
Jodi is passionately committed to helping others learn, grow, and change through the simple power of paying attention in the present moment. Jodi has been exploring this easy but not-so-simple concept for over 19 years through the practice of yoga and mindfulness.
She is a graduate of the Yoga Life Institute’s 200-hour Classical Yoga Teacher Training; is certified through the Yoga Alliance; has trained in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, has completed Massachusetts General Hospital’s “Stress and the Relaxation Response: The Fundamentals of Mind Body Medicine” course; has completed Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield’s 8-week Mindfulness Training Program; and has attended many other workshops and retreats. These opportunities have afforded her the unique ability to customize practices that work for her and have given her a more intuitive sense of how to share them with others.
For six years she taught mindfulness to kids in grades 1 -12 in Rhode Island public and charter schools, taught mindfulness to adults through workplace programs at Amica, Blue Cross Blue Shield RI, IGT, Boys and Girls Clubs of America, and an emergency veterinary clinic. She has also taught mindfulness retreats and weekly one-hour classes.